Wednesday, September 24, 2008


So this week, we started our 'breakfast meetings'.  This is the main way in which I will get to connect with students in a smaller group setting.  We get together, have breakfast at an upper east side diner, chat, laugh, and have a mini bible study.  It's me, my co-worker and typically about four girls.  Like I said, we have only just started, and at this point the girls are wondering who this blonde chic is, but I am so thrilled at the idea that I am finally getting in the core of my job, namely, connecting with the NYC Focus girls.  I can't believe that my job involves me doing these hangouts with students that I would love doing any day anyways!  More and more, I am really starting to see how this is not about my ability to connect with students, rather God is letting me be a part of something he is doing.  I'm feeling challenged to let go of my concept of my 'gifts' and 'talents' and realize that any connection that ends up happening with these kids is really about God opening hearts.  The more I really see that to be true, the more I see how honored I am to be a here to see God at his work.  I get to be a part of a crazy ride.  

My prayer- that the girls God wants at these breakfasts would come, that there wouldn't be conflicts, and that I would really start connecting with the girls.

No comments: