Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Office


Well, it seems that my life gets more and more ridiculous every day.  We officially started 'work' this week at NYC Focus.  Now a week ago, we didn't have an office space.  This region of Focus didn't have an office all last year, which had been a big struggle.  At the eleventh hour, after much prayer and hope (literally a prayer request for a space was in the Focus newsletter this week), someone donated a free space! Now, not just any space, but an office at 75 Rockefeller Center!  This is obviously such a huge blessing to Focus, but it is such a blessing to me personally.  Last year, I used to wake up an hour early just so that I could sit in Dean and Deluca's at Rockefeller center and feel like I was really in New York after my long commute from Connecticut to the city.  Rockefeller Center has always represented the core of NYC to me.  Where my parents had their first date, the rink, the tree, Good Morning America, Saks.  It sounds cheesy, but it is such a gift from God to me, to Audrey.  I'd have thought that I could only get there by climbing the corporate ladder.  Something that is, frankly, way out of my reach. Yet, I get to work there at the job which I thought I was making sacrifices when I took!  Once again, thinking small.  With God, all things are possible.  Again he is trustworthy and delivers above and beyond expectations.  (And don't even get me started thinking what it will be like at Christmas time!)




Another huge blessing, this past weekend my dear kindred spirit and best friend, Lindsay, came to visit me all the way from Michigan.  It was definitely another 'God thing' as I was initially nervous to have Lindsay here so soon after I had moved in, but the timing ended up being perfect.  Linds and I were able to tromp about the city, get lost on the subway, eat my host family's food, and basically do all the 'settling in' things together, which I was really nervous to do along.  There was such a calm in having someone who new me in the midst of so many new unknowns.  So much love!
Linds and I humorously (hopefully) displaying all our favorite things! 
 

No comments: