Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmastime is Here!

It's the most wonderful time of the year in the most wonderful city in the world!  Life has been running a million miles a minute the past few weeks (hence why I have not written), but I have been having the time of my life.  I now understand why my parents fell in love in NYC in december and then spent their honeymoon here the following Christmas (today marks their 30th Wedding Anniversary)!  Between going to my student's Lesson's and Carols, street Christmas Fairs, popping into friend's makeshift christmas parties, and cheap seats at the Nutcracker, I have been thoroughly enjoying the merriment.  I can't stop feeling blessed that God brought me to New York, and has given me the freedom and ability to share in these simple pleasures that bring me so much joy.  I've posted some photos for you all to get a peak into what I've been able to witness:


                                    Crazy Macy's!


       Ridiculous scene on the subway.  Couldn't resist snapping a pic!


     Decorations in the diner where I have bible studies.


                                      Inside Saks 5th Ave.


                  A decorated Upper East Side brownstone.



       Tree outside Lincoln Center where I saw the Nutcracker.


     A woman working on beautifully elaborate ginger bread houses.




      Almost every street corner has this Peter Spiers-esque scene of Christmas trees for sale.

No comments: